“Move ON” – Energy & Mobility
Tuesday 25th October / From 19:00 to 22:00 / Oekozenter asbl
“Move-On!” is the first a series of interactive workshops about the co-design of the first building of Ad-Hoc in Kirchberg. The aim is to starting the co-design process by having more shared opinions about the needs of the members interested in the project in Kirchberg. This themes focuses on imagining together possible mobility and energy scenarios and services that fit the needs of the participants involved in the project.
(Les rapports des deux ateliers sont disponibles sur demande en Français).
1. Workshop Objectives:
- Firstly, this event has impact in strengthening the community: By asking the right kinds of questions we explored how people in the community move and think.
- The workshop is especially designed to help the future spatial and infrastructure plan: The following method has supported the community in realizing the first steps to gain shared perspectives on issues regarding the specific context of Kirchberg.
- We choose for an interactive Tool-kit game. A tool-kit will be donated to the cooperative so it can uses it itself during the future developments. This is a method to create tangible outcomes for the architecture plan in a short amount of time.
- We advised participants to take in consideration the following principles of Co-Design.
- Move in and beyond your normal design practice,
- Involve and respect lots of people in the ideas generating parts of the process,
- Use the expertise of all participants in the process,
- Let everyone be creative in their own way,
- Challenging Assumptions Explore and challenge assumptions,
- Expect to go beyond the average,
- Agree how the success of the project will be recognised.
During the workshop we formed 3 groups in order to start the scenario making.
Group 1 : Frësch, fair an gesond
Epicerie “Frësch, fair an gesond” (fresh, fair and healthy) which helps the neighborhood to connect with local producers.
Why : A service that is open all hours and week-end for the members and the neighborhood. Regulate the traffic
How: Accessible by foot. Inclusive.
Next suggested steps:
- Thinking how the Connecting with other similar organizations ( Transition Group, epicerie sociale, PALL Center, etc..);
- Find someone who can grow groceries on-site/in the area. Need of maintenance and expertise. (Gardener);
- Find synergies with other cooperatives: Look at TERRA and CELL (Permaculture Groups?).
Group 2: Circular Mobility
What: Car sharing concept for an intergenerational community.
Why: Use more renewable energies and decrease pollution and stress caused by traffic jams.
“There is a need to avoid unnecessary parking spots” How
Circular economy: wind and solar power can be produced on-site and provide energy to the vehicles.
Next suggested steps:
- There is a lot of potential for this concept, but it needs to make an assessment.
- How many cars (and space) do we need? Where locate the parking place?
- For the future make wind analysis in Kirchberg (on the spot).
- Contact Tesla or similar car producer for potential collaboration.
- Look at existing car sharing, make comparison tables.
Group 3: Konsum 2.0
“Konsum 2.0” is a collective of consumers for common goods that buy food in bulks in a more sustainable and affordable way. The space is more then a storage, it becomes a meeting point, with the possibility of having a coffee or exchange tools.
Mobility is difficult if you don’t have car. Poor connection with other rural areas.
A different way of moving allows a different way of consuming. Having a group of people working on this issue will help decrease logistics and the price.
The project will have different features:
Cooperative Finance: members “volunteers” having advantages on goods bought by the collective. One ‘camionette’ for the store that can be used daily by active members.
A different way of moving allows a different way of consuming.
Next suggested steps:
- Connect with group 1 to see possible collaborations or same concepts.
- Develop the idea of an epicerie for the neighborhood require a strong concept
- Envisage an on-line service (web-shop) with delivery included.
Organisers: Adhoc habitat participatif s.c. / Socialmatter design studio ( Giacomo Piovan) / BALLINIPITT architectes urbanistes (Claude Ballini)
For more information about the workshop results write us!